I am a self-taught full stack web developer with a degree in Economics and experience managing customer service and operations teams in hi-tech. After a decade in customer-facing roles I pivoted careers and immersed myself full-time into software engineering. I love to solve problems and learn new technologies. I am detail-oriented, possess strong communications skills, and have a sharp business acumen.
– Front-end: HTML & CSS Fundamentals, DOM & Events, Ajax & APIs.
New York University
B.A. in Economics. Select coursework in Computer Science (Python, HTML/CSS/Photoshop) & Business Studies.
President – Alpha Epsilon Pi (AEPi) Fraternity – Awarded AEPi’s Most Outstanding Chapter (out of 160+ others internationally) & NYU’s Chapter President of the Year after excelling in new member recruitment, community engagement & charitable fundraising – Conducted weekly meetings, led executive board, managed $60k budget & oversaw all activities for 100+ members.
Work and Experience
July | 2020 - July | 2021
– Developing a website for a direct-to-consumer medical company that makes male/female fertility testing more accessible to the masses via at-home testing kits and coaching sessions with experts.
Role: I inherited code from a previous developer & am now pushing the project forward.
Technologies: React, Redux, ExpressJS, APIs with Stripe & Calendly & 3rd party testing vendors.
– Volunteer for a software consultancy that is upgrading a website built in an old Angular version mytzedakah.com.
Role: I am given incremental tasks by a senior developer to build basic functionality then hand off to design.
Technologies: Angular, Karma/Jasmine.
– Nascent start-up bridging WeWork & Covid travel patterns targeting hybrid work teams flowspace.co.
Role: Learning company codebase before diving in to either database or front-end work.
Technologies: React-Native, ExpressJS, PostgreSQL.
Customer Success Team Lead
July | 2016 - July | 2020
– Grew & managed the team from three people in two local offices to 15 in five offices globally, providing customer support for marketplace buyers & sellers via online chat, phone & email.
– Pioneered & led the account management team to upsell & retain our biggest buyers, including: multi-million dollar quarterly goals, crisis management, debt collection & product walkthroughs.
– Optimized the teams’ processes & built efficiencies to meet the business scaling 10x, including: developing business automation with the R&D team, scoping features with the product team & leveraging the data science team.
July | 2012 - July | 2017
NeXT Stop Project
Recruited a team and raised funds dedicated to providing MetroCards to New Yorkers in need.
July | 2012 - July | 2015
QA Tester & Technical Writer – L Brands.
– Wrote & executed test scripts for 500+ requirements using HP Quality Center.
– Managed & documented defect management, user acceptance testing & train-the-trainer sessions.
– Project Management Operations (PMO) Specialist – L Brands
– Collated IT teams’ separate PMO processes into a unified repository available on intranet.
– Led status update meetings & content creation sessions with PMO senior staff – Lead Strategist – Pfizer.
– Assessed IT team’s operation & identified gaps in documentation & service offerings.
– Created go-to-market plan for pitching global partners on becoming franchisees.