Experienced Linux Infrastructure professional with over 25 years of collaboration and leadership in Information Technology.
– Strong reputation for resolving problems, raising customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements.
– Big picture view of challenges, especially concerning issues of scale and security.
– Consistently saved costs while increasing productivity.
– Familiar with Python, git, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Jenkins.
University of Massachusetts, Boston
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Work and Experience
Linux Systems Engineer
July | 2019 - September | 2020
Tk Open Systems, Ltd, Jerusalem
– Implemented customer requests for analysis, specification, design, implementation, and maintenance of RedHat/CentOS Linux systems, infrastructures, applications, and services such as ReviewBoard, SVN, and Gerrit/git, locally and in AWS.
– Designed and implemented Bash and Perl scripts to automate migration of corporate infrastructure from obsolete co‑located infrastructure to cloud‑based assets.
– Specified, designed, and implemented security measures, reducing risk of DOS attacks.
Sr Infrastructure Specialist & Automation Engineer
May | 2011 - April | 2018
Ness Digital Engineering contracted to Barclays Bank, Plc, Tel Aviv
– Contributed to the provisioning and updating of Barclays’ internal cloud’s governance infrastructure using HPOO, C#, Perl, Bash, and AutoSys.
– Specified, designed, and implemented RedHat, AIX and Windows infrastructure, RPM and MSI packaging, deployment, and usage guidance for 3rd party servers and agents.
– RedHat and Windows infrastructure capacity planning and design.
April | 2010 - August | 2010
Tk Open Systems, Ltd, Jerusalem
– Implemented automation of Ubuntu/Debian packaging.
– Creating, extending, and maintaining virtualization domains and servers.
– Performance of general Linux Systems Administration, documenting procedures.
– Researched and implemented maintenance and portation of 3rd party software from Windows to Linux.
Senior Systems Administrator
January | 2008 - March | 2009
Oleh Technologies & Communications, Ltd, Jerusalem
– Transformed messy manual installation procedures into automated scripts with documentation, reducing errors, and improving reliability.
– Designed and implemented security standards and protocols for developers, administrators, and clients.
– Scrutinized and adjusted monitoring parameters to sharply reduce spurious and false reports.
– Standardized and automated maintenance procedures to improve service reliability and reduce downtime.
Systems Administrator and Programmer
March | 2006 - January | 2008
Tzvi Edelman Consulting
– Performed configuration and content management for web services startup using apache on RedHat.
– Provided PHP programming with no prior PHP experience for web video startup, substituting for an individual on leave.
– Systems programming, RedHat infrastructure management, and administration for commercial weather service.
VP, Project Manager & Team Leader: Distributed Scheduling Infrastructure Engineering
July | 1997 - March | 2006
Goldman, Sachs & Company, New York, NY
– Recognized by industry peers and vendor as subject matter expert in usage, internals, and management of an application scheduling platform.
– Conducted strategic planning for compensatory engineering for large‑scale deployment/utilization of distributed scheduling infrastructure on Unix and Windows servers using AutoSys for the global enterprise.
– Increased capacity and throughput by 500% while reducing off‑hours tertiary support calls by 80%.
– Designed and implemented scheduling infrastructure that enabled Y2K preparation, testing, and validation.
Global Unix Production: Systems & Batch Administrator
June | 1996 - June | 1997
Lehman Brothers, Incorporated, New York, NY
– Analyzed manual procedures previously performed by operations and sysadmin personnel and converted them to automated batch procedures.
– Identified bugs and specified vendor remediation of AutoSys batch system.
– Responded to all reports of trouble for hardware, software (OS and application), and network connectivity for fixed income and equities desktops and servers.
Senior Analyst: Systems Integration & Team Leader: SysAdmin Tools
August | 1992 - May | 1996
Salomon Brothers, Incorporated, New York, NY
– Defined, designed, and implemented packaging and deployment standards across production domains.
-Facilitated and contributed to design and implementation of automation tools for sysadmins.
-Managed tools written by sysadmins to be shared by all areas of the firm.
– Packaged in‑house software, with emphasis on automated delivery and installation mechanisms written in Perl and Bourne‑shell.
– Enforced manufacturing, resource sharing, and security standards.
– Coordinated horizontal deployments from development groups to sysadmins for 800+ production hosts.